Rebirth: Spoiling the Obsessive Film Emperor Chapter 128 Part 1

Chapter 128: Horsemanship

As Rong Yu's voice fell, the phone in his pocket began to vibrate.

Rong Yu paused his movements, glanced at the caller ID, and pursed his lips slightly.

The men lying on the floor instantly had a glimmer of hope flash in their eyes, especially the skinny man, whose eyes shifted shiftily, as if he was hatching some plan.

Rong Yu, of course, did not miss this look and almost immediately guessed the sinister scheme the skinny man was plotting. He just sneered coldly: "Why don't you guess, if I answer this phone and call for help in a tearful voice... then when the person on the other end brings people to rescue me and sees you all surrounding me alone, will they believe you, or will they believe me?"

Rong Yu tapped his chin with the phone. "Since I can dislocate your wrists one by one, I can naturally put them back too. By then... you'll be perfectly fine again."

The others: "..." This is a threat! A downright threat!

Seeing their hesitant expressions, Rong Yu knew they had reconsidered their intentions a bit. Only then did he press the answer button.

"Brother, are you about to sleep?" The voice was unmistakably gentle.

Rong Yu held the camera in one hand and the phone in the other, speaking in a relaxed tone: "I found it, I just found it now. It turns out it accidentally fell into the gap between the seats. It took me a long time to find it... Yes, I'm fine. I'm coming back right now, brother, wait for me~"

Listening to Rong Yu's sickeningly sweet, gentle voice, the young masters sprawled haphazardly on the cold floor all wore expressions of speechless dismay.

They simply couldn't believe that the man who had seemed ready to tear them to pieces moments ago was the same one now speaking in such an obedient and gentle voice on the phone.

After hanging up, Rong Yu's expression instantly changed, and his tone turned cold and stern: "You heard. My time is precious, so I'd appreciate your full cooperation. Otherwise... you don't want to know the consequences."

Ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Yin Chengjue opened it to find Rong Yu, one hand braced against the doorframe, panting heavily with his hands on his hips.

"You didn't have to run back in such a hurry. What if you fell?" Yin Chengjue poured a glass of water for Rong Yu.

"Brother, you started missing me after just a few minutes apart. Of course I had to hurry back," Rong Yu said. As he took the glass, his fingertips deliberately brushed against the back of Yin Chengjue's hand.

Yin Chengjue felt a tingle shoot from the back of his hand straight to his heart.

They had originally reserved two separate rooms, yet somehow they found themselves by unspoken mutual agreement standing in the same room. It just went to show how powerful a force habit could be, making him grow accustomed to having another person by his side without even realizing it.

"Brother, I'm off work for the next few days..." Rong Yu seemed to sense Yin Chengjue's inner struggle. He put down the water glass, stepped forward, and looped his arms around Yin Chengjue's neck.

A dark glint flashed in Yin Chengjue's eyes. He raised his hand and grasped Rong Yu's wrist. "There are many people around today, someone might see us..."

Rong Yu's fingers trailed from the back of Yin Chengjue's neck to the base of his ear. "Then why did you say an hour ago that we should sleep separately tonight? What's this now? I was only gone for a few minutes, and you were already anxiously calling me."

Yin Chengjue: "...I was just worried about you. That Chang Yue is not a good person, his methods are dirty. I was afraid he might target you."

Rong Yu was somewhat dissatisfied: "Brother, you sound like you know him quite well. Did you know him before? Speaking of which, you're not usually the type to show a cold face to someone upon first meeting. You seemed to really dislike him today. Is there a reason?"

Yin Chengjue hadn't expected Rong Yu to notice even that. But he couldn't very well say it was because he'd been screwed over by Chang Yue in a past life, so he had to find another reason: "An artist under his management has tried to pull you down and elevate himself at your expense before."

"Who?" Rong Yu looked puzzled.

"You know him, it's that Ming Qian. Ming Qian is an artist under their Chang company. Didn't you know?"

Rong Yu: "Haven't paid much attention. I didn't interact with Ming Qian during 'Hey Brother, Let's Debut.' After I debuted, everyone was pretty busy, so I didn't have time to find out more."

Yin Chengjue felt a bit helpless. Ming Qian had subtly and overtly tried to pull Rong Yu down and elevate himself so many times, yet Rong Yu simply regarded him as a non-entity?

If Ming Qian's fans found out, wouldn't they be so angry they'd become a blowfish in one breath?

It was like you were desperately trying to catch up to and surpass someone, while that person only saw a shadow flitting around the far corner of their vision—they hadn't even gotten a clear look at what you actually looked like.

Rong Yu: "Mainly, we've never been in the same class, and our dorms were far apart. If he hadn't spent a period of time constantly sticking close to Fei Zhengqi, I wouldn't even have known he existed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tyrannical Emperor Reborn Chapter 70 Part 2

At this point, the ministers simply thought the Emperor did not want Shen Nian to hear about Chang Sheng's treason from elsewhere, so he...