The Rebirth of Crazy ger Chapter 109 Part 1

Chapter 109

"I knew you were good." The red-clothed ger said, pulling Zhao Xiang to sit down.

A ger waiting nearby hurriedly poured him a cup of water. He drank several mouthfuls to clear his throat before speaking: "That cowardly, seductive waste, Xi Yao, it's true he's forgotten everything."

The red-clothed ger's eyes flickered. As he refilled Zhao Xiang's cup, he asked tentatively: "Xiang'er, are you so certain?

"Of course, after all I spent several years with him. That guy is both cowardly and an idiot, everything is written on his face. If I remember correctly, it's very easy to tell." Zhao Xiang said with full confidence, his eyes filled with scorn for Xi Yao.

The ger in red watched, his heart which had been suspended finally settling back into place. That person's sudden return had caught him completely off guard... Fortunately, that person doesn't remember what happened before... So his mind was a bit more at ease...

Zhao Xiang looked at the ger in red, his expression carrying doubt and confusion: "Shulin, weren't you and that coward always at odds? Why are you suddenly concerned about him?"

Hearing this, Shulin's eyes flickered slightly as he said: "This isn't me being concerned about him. It's just that he returned without a word, and then Brother Bai was inexplicably punished... I was curious about what happened..."

"Brother Bai? Cheng Bai?" Zhao Xiang thought for a moment and then said: "I heard he was beaten by his brother as soon as he returned, and was also punished by the city lord to kneel... He's still kneeling outside the city lord's room right now. Is this related to that coward?"

"I don't know. I just suspect it's related to Xi Yao. After all, besides that person, the city lord only gets this angry for his own younger brother... I originally wanted to plead for leniency, but my father wouldn't let me go... saying the city lord is currently furious."

"Young Master Cheng is a highly talented and capable young gentleman in the city. His brother, the martial hall master, usually dotes on him greatly and is also on good terms with the city lord. What exactly did he do to warrant such punishment from both of them? What could this have to do with Xi Yao?"

Shulin shook his head, his face full of worry: "I don't know."

Zhao Xiang asked: "Did you ask your father?"

"I did."

"What did he say?"

Shulin shook his head: "My father doesn't know either."

Zhao Xiang's eyes widened in curiosity: "Your father is the incense hall master. Even he doesn't know?"

Shulin said: "Not only does my father not know, but your father, Deputy City Lord Zhaoyu, also doesn't know."

"So secretive?!" Zhao Xiang exclaimed in surprise.

Shulin said: "Your eldest brother Zhao Yi is close with Brother Bai. He seems to know something, but when I asked him he was evasive and didn't seem to want to tell me."

"..." Hearing this, Zhao Xiang laughed twice and said: "You work fast. You've already asked all these people?"

Shulin nodded: "Brother Bai's matter cannot be delayed. The sun is so strong and he's still kneeling, I..."

Zhao Xiang heard this and teased: "I know, I know, I know you like that Young Master Cheng. Right now he's being punished and you're feeling upset. But the current sun isn't that harsh, you don't need to worry..."

As he spoke, Zhao Xiang thought carefully for a moment, then slowly said: "This time when I went to see Xi Yao, he seemed fairly normal. Although he's forgotten the past events and is a bit bolder, daring to scold the disobedient ger in his pavilion, he is still just as stupid and foolish. He was easily tricked by a few words, nothing special."

After a pause, Zhao Xiang said: "If you suspect Young Master Cheng's matter is related to that coward, I estimate it can only be because he went missing for a period of time. Young Master Cheng, as Xi Yao's fiance, failed to protect his own ger, so he was punished by the city lord and his own brother..."

"..." Hearing Zhao Xiang's words, Shulin's face instantly darkened: "That Xi Yao himself went missing and brought it upon himself. How could he implicate my Brother Bai."

My Brother Bai? That Cheng Bai is clearly that coward's fiance... This person here, does he want to openly steal him away...

However... compared to that coward... this person is truly much better.

Zhao Xiang spoke in agreement: "Exactly. That Xi Yao didn't stay put properly and ran around east and west, got himself lost, came back sickly, and even implicated Young Master Cheng..."

As he spoke, Zhao Xiang glanced at the tall, slender ger in red beside him and said: "If you ask me, that Young Master Cheng is simply blind. With your looks and your figure... aren't you much better looking than that coward? Besides, Shulin, you have the true teaching of the Incense Hall Master. Now you manage the city's large and small accounts with ease... very capable. How could that coward ever compare."

As Zhao Xiang spoke, his eyes revealed intense ridicule for the coward he mentioned, completely different from the persona he displayed earlier in front of Wang Jin.

Shulin felt very pleased by his praise, a hint of smugness appearing in his eyes.

Zhao Xiang said viciously: "I really get angry just seeing that coward. You know what, Shulin? As soon as that coward returned, the city lord sent me to deliver tonics and clothes to him, saying he suffered outside and needs to recuperate, and that he must dress well for tonight's banquet. He lost his memory, so the city lord also told me to brief him on banquet etiquette... Tch..."

Zhao Xiang made an impatient "tch" sound, his face twisting: "The best tonics are wasted on him. The finest clothes look no different than rags on him. All his things might as well be given to me."

As if realizing what he said, Zhao Xiang quickly covered his mouth and explained: "I mean, I wish I had an older brother who dotes on me like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fulang's Modern Young Husband Chapter 390 Part 4

Tang Daniang had worked hard her whole life—she was no delicate, fragile girl. She was from the village, timid by nature, and with all these...